Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Dropping Kids in the Pool" ... and other random thoughts

1. As many of you know, we have been trying to get our youngest son potty trained for OVER A YEAR NOW. "Captain Underpants" has been quite difficult through this whole process! I have tried everything from bribery to spanking to prayer, and while he finally caught on to peeing in the potty, he was still pooping in his pants every day, sometimes 3 times a day. I felt badly for his teacher at daycare, and I felt frusterated and tired of washing laundry every day to make sure he had enough changes of clothes for the next day. Finally, finally, we tried some humor, and (PRAISE GOD) it worked! We are now on day #2 with no accidents! We told Jacob to "drop the kids off at the pool," and that's all it took to get him to go poop in the potty! YEA! Way to go, Jacob!

2. I have realized that it has been a month since my last entry. What a busy time of year! I thought when school got out it would be less crazy ... boy was I wrong! We have ran to swimming lessons, cub scouts, and t-ball, and have tried to get some family time in where we can. We did go camping over Memorial Day, which was tons of fun, and we're attempting to put together another camping weekend in the next few weeks.

3. Joey learned how to rollerskate over this past weekend. We bought him some skates so he could have something to do at the daycare this summer, and he took right to it and has been wobbling around on them ever since. It brings back fond memories of my childhood, spending countless hours on the weekends at the roller rink with my cousins.

4. Chris and I are approaching our 10 year anniversary in August. We can't figure out what to do for our anniversary (we'd like to go away somewhere). It's a big deal to me because my parents were divorced shortly after they celebrated their 10 year anniversary, so I guess it's more sentimental to me than any other year. I would like to do something, whether it's a night out or a weekend away ... I just can't see it going by without celebrating "us." We've been through a lot together over the past 10 years.

I will try to do better at keeping this updated!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love reading your updates, and while once a month is awesome girl, wellll yo know Jody can do like once a week :)

    ReplyDelete