Sunday, April 19, 2009


AN EXCITING WEEK!

1. It has been an exciting week. Chris got his cast off on Wednesday, and although his arm is still swollen and sore, he's glad to have it off. He goes back to work tomorrow, and we're looking forward to getting things back to normal. I'll admit though, it was very nice to have him home ... so much that we're rethinking the possibility of him staying home permanently in the near future, which could be a real possibility. Our house definitely ran a lot more smoothly with one of us home, and it was a lot less stress on me and the boys. Dad and the boys got to do some "guy stuff" like take walks through the woods, which was great for them to be able to do. I am praying that it is possible to make it a reality for him to stay home, because I could definitely feel a reduction of stress in both me and the boys, but as all things, it will have to be according to God's plan.

2. While I am glad that Chris' arm is feeling better, he is putting Oil of Wild Oregano on it to help with the swelling. It's some natural thing his mom told him to try - which seems to be working, but I feel like I'm sleeping next to a frickin' pizza ... I am constantly hungry now! I guess I'm lucky it's not skunk essence or something.

3. On another note, Joey lost his first tooth today (pictures coming)! He feels SO BIG. I was so proud of him - I expected him to freak out, but he remained very calm as he came bringing me his separated tooth. He said, "Mom, this is exciting!" LOL He is growing up so fast and becoming quite a nice young man. He helped me outside yesterday all day. We planted flowers, pulled weeds and turned over flower beds. He was such a great little helper! I for one am glad that the the "terrible threes" seem to be behind us (yes, Joey had the terrible 3s, 4s, and 5s) ... now we just need to get Jacob through them. :-)

4. Ah, yes, Jacob is about 95% potty trained now. Tonight he wanted to pee standing up, and, well .... let's just say he's a wee bit too short so it sort of sprayed all over the wall. I think we'll wait a while before trying that one again.

5. Me, well I am still trying to dabble in jogging. I am still fighting with the ganglion cyst on the bottom of my foot, which makes it hard to run sometimes, but I'm getting there. I can't measure the miles I can go, but I am going by songs. I turn on my iPod and run for a song, then walk for a song, etc, for a good 20 minutes. I feel pretty good about it so far.

It was a beautiful weekend, even with the rain. It was sunny and 70 on Friday and Saturday, and rainy today, but I love the Spring all the same. The flowers are in bloom, the trees have buds on them, and the grass is green. Thanks be to God for all the beauty that He has created.

3 comments:

  1. I love this background, I almost used it :) it looks better with your family thou good for you! I am happy for you that Chris feels better, and the boys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Joey's Glasses Heidi! I am very happy you got pics again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh about the Oregano Oil. You're right...it could be worse!

    Sounds like things are going well. Good for you with the jogging too. Feels good doesn't it! Well, it feels good AFTER the run anyway. I always struggle through the last half of it. I drive the distance I usually run to see the distance and thank goodness for the iPod, it's great distraction.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete